2018 wrap up
As we are bringing in 2018 it is time to reflect on the past year. What have you accomplished, what did you let go, are you happy with where you ended up? Can you look back and say I am happy how things turned out, or do you look back and say I wish I made different decisions?
Personally there will always be decisions you make that you wish would have different outcomes. You chose whatever it was at that time for a reason, you just have to look at the bigger picture now and decide if that reason was truly worth it in the long run? For me, there are some things I would have chosen differently now. For one, I would have stuck more to my healthy eating plan, but you know what, sometimes we just need our chocolate and I justify that by making sure I work out more. Now that might not be the right way to go about things, but for me it worked and it made me happy so that was enough. That is what I like about lifestyle changes because it can be different for everyone. You don't have to be whole 30, paleo, keto all of the time unless you chose to do so.
On Jan 1, 2018 I made the decision to change my lifestyle with both diet and exercise. As you know from reading my past blog posts I am a runner. However, the first few months of this year I didn't really run. I started easy, by just walking and then moved onto biking. We got our apple watches for Christmas last year and I closed my activity ring religiously.... even if that meant walking around my living room until i had enough steps and calories burned. Once I started running that changed and it was so much easier to close my activity ring. I document my food intake using a program called lose it, ( loseit.com ) this is a godsend because I can really see what I am putting into my body, both good and bad.
These last 365 days have been hard but hard work pays off. Here are my before and after photos along with my measurements. I am so proud of my accomplishments and can not wait to see what 2019 has in store for me!


Happy New Year and bring it 2019
Personally there will always be decisions you make that you wish would have different outcomes. You chose whatever it was at that time for a reason, you just have to look at the bigger picture now and decide if that reason was truly worth it in the long run? For me, there are some things I would have chosen differently now. For one, I would have stuck more to my healthy eating plan, but you know what, sometimes we just need our chocolate and I justify that by making sure I work out more. Now that might not be the right way to go about things, but for me it worked and it made me happy so that was enough. That is what I like about lifestyle changes because it can be different for everyone. You don't have to be whole 30, paleo, keto all of the time unless you chose to do so.
On Jan 1, 2018 I made the decision to change my lifestyle with both diet and exercise. As you know from reading my past blog posts I am a runner. However, the first few months of this year I didn't really run. I started easy, by just walking and then moved onto biking. We got our apple watches for Christmas last year and I closed my activity ring religiously.... even if that meant walking around my living room until i had enough steps and calories burned. Once I started running that changed and it was so much easier to close my activity ring. I document my food intake using a program called lose it, ( loseit.com ) this is a godsend because I can really see what I am putting into my body, both good and bad.
These last 365 days have been hard but hard work pays off. Here are my before and after photos along with my measurements. I am so proud of my accomplishments and can not wait to see what 2019 has in store for me!
Lost a total of 61.8 pounds
Chest: - 9”
Waist: - 9.5”
Hips: - 10.5”
Thigh: - 5.5”
Calf: -2”
Arm: -2”
Size 18/20 in pants to size 8/10
Happy New Year and bring it 2019
Comments
Post a Comment