2020 - WOW

It's been over a year since I have posted.  Time has just not been on my side, or if I'm being honest I haven't made time to write because I chose to do other things instead.  Since I posted last I have kept off most of the weight, only gaining about 10 pounds (some muscle), so i am very proud of that.  However, at the end of 2019 my sisters cancer came roaring back, and since then I have let me diet and mindset go.  She went downhill fast and we lost her on 3/11.   Not a day goes by that I do not think about her and find myself crying.  I know that I need to keep living a healthy lifestyle but sometimes I just want to say screw it!

Beginning of 2020 I was aiming to run a spring half marathon and then got sidelined by a bad ankle sprain.  It actually turned out okay because with COVID-19 the half got canceled anyways.  Now I am just getting back into running again so trying to juggle running along with teaching my two girls since their schools are closed.  I am only getting about 1-2 miles per run but I am hoping that can increase here soon as it stays lighter out later!

One of my big goals this year is to also get back into cross training, and more strength training.  I would much rather just run or ride a bike but I know that if I want to push my running farther I need to get my whole body in line.  So I need to start getting my arms, and abs back along with increasing my leg muscles.  This is way easier said than done since I don't have the ambition to do those things like I do with running.  So here is to starting with baby steps!!  Oh and it doesn't help that the gyms are closed and will remain closed for the who knows how long!!

Until the next time... Be safe out there!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dive On In....

2018 wrap up